2020 marks our 10th season as a Browns Backers bar in NYC! We are the ONLY Cleveland Browns Backer location in New York City and the most exciting (and rowdiest) chapter in the entire country.
Given the ongoing COVID-19 situation, we’re sure you have many questions.
Short answer: YES, we’re still having watch parties with lots of outdoor seating, 25% occupancy for indoor dining, dozens of TVs only playing the Browns, a full menu plus drink & food specials.
Read below for a full breakdown…
NEW BAR LOCATION:
In case you missed it, last January we moved to a massive new bar: The Liberty, located just one block from Herald Square — easily accessible from almost any Subway line.
29 W. 35th St (btwn 5th and 6th Ave)
New York, NY 10001
» Click here for Map
COVID-19 & HOW IT IMPACTS US:
Indoor dining resumed in NYC at 25% capacity on September 30, just in time for Week 4 vs the Cowboys.
Still want to watch the game outside? We’e got you covered with a beautiful outdoor setup including 3 massive TVs, lots of tables, comfy couches and full game audio:
- the outdoor space can accommodate 150 people
- we sit family style at tables of 10 & 8, combining multiple parties like we’ve always done — so feel free to come with a group or solo and we’ll find you a spot
- no reservations – seating starts 90 minutes before kickoff (so 11:30 AM for 1pm games)
- indoor bathrooms are still accessible
- masks on, unless you’re sitting at a table
- please walk down the street if you need to take a break or have a smoke — do NOT congregate and stand across the street from the bar as this is the fastest way for them to get in trouble
We don’t want to cause our new bar any grief so be respectful of the rules the city has placed on them.
Get drunk. Order lots of food. Tip well. Don’t be an idiot.
Now that the indoor eating ban is loosened to 25% capacity, we’ve got more than enough room inside & outside to accommodate a massive crowd. This new space is HUGE!
FOOD & DRINK SPECIALS:
In addition to the full menu offered by The Liberty, we’ve got tremendous food & drink specials for game days. This is some of the best bar food you’re going to find in all of NYC.
WE LAUNCHED A MERCH STORE:
We’re finally selling our t-shirts & merch online! All profit will be donated to an animal rescue org in NYC at the end of the season.
We’ve got a bunch of clothing styles in various colors:
- Men’s / Unisex T-shirts: orange, brown, tan, white
- Women’s T-shirts: orange, brown (clay), tan, white, gray
- Tank tops: tan, white, gray
- Women’s racer-back tank tops: gray only
- Sweatshirts: white, gray
- Hoodies: white, gray
- Long sleeve shirts: white, tan, gray
STILL GOT A QUESTION?
Feel free to email us.
And if you haven’t already, please follow us on: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to stay in the loop with Chapter news and relevant updates for our watch-parties.
Lastly, you can officially join our chapter. It’s 100% free and takes 5 mins to join through the Browns Backers Worldwide website.