Cleveland Browns fan? Going to the Jets game Week 2? Here’s everything you need to know about our official Browns Backers tailgate on Monday, September 16th at MetLife Stadium.
Details for the game-day tailgate:
WHAT: a massive 1,000+ person tailgate, co-organized and run by the GNATS Tailgaters who are visiting us from Cleveland. All visiting Browns fans are encouraged to attend and we’ll be joined by other local Backers chapters.
We will NOT be selling walk-up drink tickets the day of the game. You can BYO beer and booze if you don’t buy a ticket.
WHEN: Monday, Sep 16th. Starts at 3:30pm. FYI – they won’t let you in before.
WHERE: MetLife Stadium, north end of Parking Lot J (see map)
- We’ll be set up curbside inside of Lot J. (Section 23)
- Driving to the game? Buy a Yellow parking pass in advance and park in section 22.
- If your group is driving a bus, park in Lot L, Section 1. You’ll need to buy a bus parking pass.
COST: Free to attend. Drink tickets are $23
Please, please, BUY YOUR DRINK TICKETS in advance. This is critical so we can adequately order enough beer & booze for our tailgate.
Simply go through the link above and you’ll be given a wristband at the tailgate.
Online Tickets // Ends Sep 14th:
– $23, all you can drink beer & booze
– $7, all you can drink water & soda
Note: Because it’s a night game, we’re not going to be serving food at the tailgate. So eat before or BYO snacks, sandwiches, and whatever else you want to munch on. MetLife stadium also has really good food options once you get into the stadium.
GETTING TO THE GAME:
You can get to and from MetLife stadium via the train, bus from port authority, or Uber, all of which are detailed on their stadium website. Note: buses start running 2.5 hours before kickoff. Our tailgate starts 5 hours before. Do the math.
In the above map, please note our location with respect to the Port Authority bus, Rail station and Uber drop off.
Still have a question about the big weekend? Email us.
Info on our Sunday night Welcome Party:
WHEN: Sunday, Sep 15th @ 8pm
– Giant party for all local and visiting Browns fans. The bar is kicking everyone else out at 7pm and flipping it over for our private party at 8pm. Don’t be late. Once we’re at the fire-Marshall imposed capacity it’ll be tough to get in.
– Browns’ executives and ownership in the house
– Raffling off a ton of autographed prizes and gear (signed gear from Baker Mayfield, Myles Garret, Christian Kirksey and lots more!)
– Food & drink specials (half price wings, sliders, tots, & beer specials)
– We’ll have a DJ and be airing last year’s Browns vs Jets game (plus Sunday Night Football)
And if you haven’t already and plan on attending our watch-parties this season, please officially join our chapter. It’s absolutely free and helps us get recognition by the Cleveland Browns organization and among other chapters around the country.